Elated is what I felt when I read Kimathi Makini’s message:
Amanda, I think you are doing awesome with your new blog so I have nominated you for this award.
I mean, that kind of appreciation, Golden. I know what you are wondering; what award? And who the fuck is Kimathi Makini?
Well, I’ll answer first who Kimathi, aka daktari is. Kimathi is, simply put, the greatest and only writing partner I have had. We knew each other when? A year ago? And since then, I can honestly say I have never seen a person with such a passion for writing.
He keeps me on my toes, telling me all Literature and Writing events happening(of course this was before Corona); he sends me his pieces of writing before posting them on his blog https://youngdocnet.wordpress.com/ and he even sends new vocabulary, with meaning and all, and then I have to construct sentences with the new word in order to improve my English. And now, he nominates me for this award! Whatever did I do to deserve you daktari!
Now, to the next question. I honestly never heard of the Liebster award, but from what I have read juu juu, it is a blogging award that well, awards bloggers. The rules of the Award are pretty simple after being nominated:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog.
- Answer the 5 creative and unique questions given to you.
- Write a small post about what motivates you in life (not just in blogging)
- Nominate 2 – 6 blogs that you feel would enjoy blogging about this award.
- Create 5 creative and unique questions for your nominees. The more creative and unique could mean you win the prize at the end of the year!!
- List these rules in your post
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated
So now, as you have read from rule number 2, I have to answer the five questions Kimathi asked on his own nomination blog.
Here goes nothing…
- Would you rather the truth, or dare?
Umm...I think I will choose Truth. Those who know me really well know I love to dab in the occasional lie, so when I have a chance to say the truth, unfiltered, uncensored and maybe when I am a little drunk, hell yeah I will take it.
- Of the wonders of the world, which one fascinates you the most?
Seriously Daktari? Let me ask you, what wonders fascinate you?? Coz I got none. Mostly because I have no idea what they are...hehe.
- What do you think would cause the world’s end? E.g. in the line of global warming, a microbe, a zombie apocalypse, alien invasion…
What do I think will cause the end of the world? Probably Corona.
But, umm...idk. I have never really thought about that, and all your suggestions seem really reasonable...Yes, even aliens and zombies.
- Who/ what is your favourite fictional character?
This one is a really hard one. A really hard one. I change them with every book I read, every movie I watch, every series I binge. But I guess if I had a gun pointed to my head, I will choose Robin from How I Met Your Mother, simply because that is my favourite sitcom of all time.
- Who do you regard as your role model? Why?
Ummm, I have never really had a role model. I have people who inspire me to do more if that is what a role model is; then I have some nominees.
There is Adelle Onyango, that woman...shit… she has the kind of hardworking spirit I wish I could possess; then there’s Wabosha Maxine; she is constantly growing her brand, and that is one of the things I would wish to do; then there Faith Oneya; her writing is just the best. Of course, above all these, there’s my mother, the strongest woman to ever live.
- One of your favourite memories?
I think I will pass on this one.
- Favourite/ most used word? Where did you pick it?
I have been using that term more often nowadays and I have no clue where I picked it. Please, please, please God, if you exist, make me stop using this word.
- If you could get a tattoo, what would it be and where on your body?
Hehe. This one is very simple, coz I have been thinking about tattoos a lot lately. Well, mostly because my two best friends have several and I, like the coward that I am, have none.
So, if I could get one, I will get a tattoo with the words TATTOO written on my wrist so that when people see it they are like shit, you have a tattoo of a tattoo. Hehe, sounds stupid but I will get it. You wait and see.
- Would you donate your body to science?
HELL NO. I think I would rather have my body cremated.
- Favourite quote?
Find what you love and let it kill you.
- What is that ONE thing that you want to accomplish in life?
Be a GREAT writer.
AND NOW, unto my nominees; the people I feel deserve to be recognized for their efforts:
Let me just say if you could renominate a person, I would totally nominate Kimathi Makini, with his blog https://youngdocnet.wordpress.com/ which y’all should check out.
But since I can’t, here are my five nominees:
Phew, this has been a drag. A few more steps to go: The Questions I have to create for my nominees…
- What does writing mean to you?
- If you had the option of having massive success, but it comes with a cost, and the cost is, you never see your family again, will you take it?
- Money or fame?
- What’s your most favourite thing to do when you are sad that will guarantee you will be happy again?
- Your friend has just slipped and fallen face down on the mud, what is your reaction? Laugh or pity him/her?
I am finally done. This was fun. Again, thank you Daktari.